Foodie Pen Pals!

Friday, December 2, 2011

My Foodie Pen Pals package came today! I sent a package off to Megan of EatMyBeets and I was sent a package from (blog-less) Jill Stokes.

Jill sent me lots of fun stuff!

I was so excited when the mail came today! I needed some help from the hubs to open the package....
He was being a dork....
{a handsome dork}

Jill works at a coffee company so she sent me some of their best selling decaf! I am going to put some cold brew in the fridge tonight so that I can enjoy it tomorrow!
A spiced pumpkin pie Clif bar. I love pumpkin pie spice so I am really excited to try this!
Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter. I was really excited to try this because I used to love Nutella but I don't let myself eat it anymore because of the less than stellar ingredients. I ate some straight out of the pouch and it was good! I can't say that I would buy a whole jar but it is great as a treat and I love that Justin's sells these little single serve packs!
Pocky Sticks! I have never had these before! Jill said that they were a piece of her childhood and threw them in for the girls.... I shared with Kenley :)
Mid's Pizza Sauce. Jill said that this is a local sauce that is her favorite! I love pizza sauce as a dressing on my salads so I can't wait to try this. I think a pizza night will have to come soon too!
Wacky Mac. Kenley loves pasta so this will be eaten very soon!
I am so glad that I participated in Foodie Pen Pals! If you would like to participate in Foodie Pen Pals, here are some details:

-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. *US Residents only please at this time- hopefully we can expand soon!*

If you’re interested in participating for December, please send an email to Lindsay at theleangreenbean@gmail.com and include the following information:
-Your full name
-Your email address
-Your blog name/address
-Your twitter handle (if applicable)

I can't wait to see who I am paired with next month! Head on over to Megan's blog so see what I sent her!

1 comment:

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean said...

yay! so glad your package made it to you! love all the stuff you got :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS