Cheesy Bean Enchiladas

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Enchiladas are one of the first foods that I ever learned to make on my own. Bean and cheese enchiladas are one of the meals that was always on our meal rotation. I used to enjoy my enchiladas topped with crispy cheese and smothered with sour cream, now that I can't eat dairy I had to come up with a new version that would be just as delicious as the classic. Success! Beany, cheesy, and {shhhh!} vegan!

I used Emily of Daily Garnish's enchilada sauce recipe and it is so tasty and simple to make that I will never go back to store bought enchilada sauce again!
Cheesy Bean Enchiladas
Serves 8

Ingredients
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish
  3. Add a layer of beans and a layer of Not Nacho Cheese to each tortilla
  4. Loosely roll up tortillas and place in a baking dish
  5. Top rolled up tortillas with remaining enchilada sauce
  6. Bake for 20 minutes
Enjoy! I love to top mine with a mashed up avocado to add the creaminess that I miss from my once beloved sour cream.

1 comment:

Emily said...

You are driving me crazy with these amazing recipes I can't make for a few more weeks! haha
Seriously CAN NOT WAIT to try this!!!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS