Shower Crafts

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Yesterday was the baby shower for Kim and sweet inside baby Job! I put my new Silhouette machine to good use! If you have never heard of a Silhouette before, it is a machine that plugs into your computer and it automatically cuts out the designs that you make on the computer. There is a bit of a learning curve to figuring it out, so... Brian figured it out for me and then showed me how to use it. Silhouettes are great but super amazing helpful husbands are even better.

Hanging Paper Doilies- I was so happy with how these turned out! I will definitely make more for Kenley's birthday party! I saw the idea here. I sort of followed her directions, but not really... and I used scrapbook paper instead of fabric... I am not good with following directions.
Coordinating Kisses- I used my Silhouette to cut up some leftover scrapbook paper to glue to the bottoms of the kisses! I thought that they turned out so cute!
Spray painted jars- Old canning jars from the thrift store are super cheap and fun to decorate with! I spray painted them a fun blue and added ribbon, twine, and cute plants!
I hope to get a picture of me and pregnant Kim tonight! I am so sad that she is leaving for NC tonight but thankfully I got to spend a coffee date with her today! I love you Kim! I can't wait to meet baby Job!!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Why can't we live in the same spot now that I want to be crafty too? Move back here. The end.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS